Sunday 31 March 2013

Paleo Sushi!

Paleo Sushi!

Packed lunch for work! Who says you can't have sushi? :)




Sushi happens to be one of my favourite things- being grain free make Kimbo a sad, sad lady- until now!


I had some leftover cauliflower 'rice' from a curry I made the night before: time to take out those nori wraps from when I could eat sushi!

The filling is smoked salmon, avocado, carrot, cucumbers and dill with cauliflower 'rice' :) next time- perhaps more cauliflower? i was using leftovers from last nights curry dish and thus had only a little to 'test' this out! delish!


Ingredients

  • Nori/seaweed wrappers (I used 3- as many as you need!)
  •  Cauliflower 'rice' see recipe here
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 carrot washed and sliced very thinly in stick form
  • 1 cucumber sliced thinly etc
  • a few slices of leftover smoked salmon
  • spritz of lemon and a dash of dill (for garnishing the smoked salmon)

Preparation 

Using a sushi roller (or a piece of saran wrap if you are in a pinch!) place nori wrapper on roller. Place some of each ingredient on the wrapper, and start rollin'! (I will post a link to how to wrap sushi if you need it)

No comments:

Post a Comment